Sunday, July 17, 2011

(not) renlisting

my husband has talked about many different options for the next reenlistment - he has even talked about not reenlisting. I'm so nervous about this. people might think why?! you've got kids! you've got deployments! you've got PCSes. now its time to settle down. sure. we got all that... I know we should settle down...

but in the end I know who my husband was before he joined the military and after. I know he misses jake. he'll miss lil bean's birth, but that is a year in the life vs. a life time in the military. I was worried sure, but he is such a wonderful father. he missed 10 months of jake's first 2 years, but you would never know it when they are together. now he is deployed again... when jake turns three he will be gone more than half his life but they still have a connection and they are amazing together and I know that relationship will continue. honestly, I think he will miss military life even more. garrison life with family for him is the ultimate life. It is for me too. sure, deployment sucks, PCSing sucks, but the friends i've made along the way has been more than worth it.

I know in the end it'll be alright whatever he chooses for his future, but I think I would be sad in a bittersweet way. This has been a VERY amazing 5 years and we are in it for another 3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home