Saturday, May 28, 2011

update

well i must really getting hormonal or something because things that usually don't bother me are making life very difficult... one of them being visiting my grandmother. I understand that they are at home, lonely with nothing to do but they honestly bring it upon themselves. they are (to them) too old to do anything, yet their friends volunteer, go out, come visit them despite their old age.

pathetic.

well i've been caught in the middle of this pity party and I go visit them at least three times a week - which according to people I know is too much. which I agree with. first, there is the hypocritical BS. my grandmother thinks I have a condition called 'pregnancy' and that I should be home ridden EXCEPT when it comes to visiting her (duh, right?). second of all, every time i visit they don't acknowledge me when I come in. its all about jake. which gets under my skin. I am the one who drove there, brings him to their house because i 'feel bad' for them... well fuck that i guess. thirdly, they hover over jake which mentally drains me the most. I was raised that way and for sure I am NOT going to raise my son that way! last of all when I can't stand it anymore and I announce that I am leaving, they try their best to keep me there. they give me guilt trips even if i have been regularly visiting every other fucking day for the past three weeks. It simply makes me not want to come back. I've mentioned to my grandmother about this. she just said that it makes me happy when you come visit... well I fucking know that but you make my stay hell (well i said that in a nicer way of course)! then she said, well come when you are less stressed. wtf? you are the one who stresses me out. well, whatever i guess. I am going to try to cut down on visiting them. I figure I just cut down the length of time I stay.

other than that, things are doing ok. we have stayed busy mostly with la leche, meeting up old friends, practicing retail therapy, and crafting (don't tell my grandma that! lol). I just sent along the first few care packages packed with snacks. I haven't made yarn in a while. i'm itching to but i'm all out of fiber. I sm waiting till next month to buy any, since I had to buy glasses thanks to a certain 2 year old. i've been able to talk to paul for about 30 minutes once a day from the MWR. i get pretty good updates from the squadron chaplain on facebook too. he says its ok out there but its certainly not the hilton. lol. of course its not, silly man!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home