Saturday, June 11, 2011

culture gap.

my husband is fourth generation japanese and I happen to be second generation.... and its becoming apparent on our name choices for the little girl. a lot of japanese americans who have been here since the early 1900s love old classic japanese names like emiko, sachiko, sachie, etc.

I just don't like antiquated Japanese names... also growing up with a japanese name that no one could pronounce, a japanese name that can easily be said in english is also important to me... but paul's choices are nothing but!

some of his choices are:

tomoe
akane

my choices are:

erina
arisa

erina kate is at the top of the list. what also kills me is that it seems like everyone likes it (japanese and american friends) except my own husband. I hope we can get this figured out. I'm gonna go look at some books on japanese names soon to come up with a classic with a new twist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home