Monday, June 13, 2011

peace.

for a while I've been a peace with myself and I really love it. I thought I would share this little bit that I commented on my friend's facebook regarding her decision to curtail breastfeeding and go back to work.

you can scour the intewebs for all the information you want, but the only person you truly need to be at peace is with yourself. I am peace with myself right now and its a better place than being at peace at an LLL meeting, being at peace on an AP forum, or at peace because I'm surrounded by friends who support me. yea, so I nurse my 27 month old *gasp* not because an article says its beneficial, nor do I second guess myself because someone comments about how I would probably be nursing him till college. I do it because its a pain in the ass to get him to sleep otherwise.

its true. for a while now I've just been fed up with all the mom wars. a few months of that was enough for me. I really love where I am at mothering wise and I don't need anyone to bash me in to this small little existence just because they don't agree with me. personally through, I am a breastfeeding advocate, a babywearing advocate, and cloth diapering advocate... but above all that I think I'm a inner peace advocate. I advocate these things not because its the right or wrong thing to do, but because it's been right for me and someone else could feel the same way about it but not know anything about it... after all I was in the same situation. well, I grew up watching my brother and sisters being breastfed, but my good friend jenny introduced me to babywearing and cloth diapering. I am so glad she did. then she told me about AP and with my views on breastfeeding, that came together.

I have more friends now cloth diapering than not... and a few more on the way. how cool is that! people ask me about babywearing when they see me out at the dog park. yea! I love it.

I hope all the mamas out there find this inner peace I've achieved. It was a bumpy road... starting with the whole circumcision fiasco with my husband, needing to supplement when jake was 2 weeks old, to accepting that I wouldn't really be able to feed him 100% organic like I wanted, to the issues about feeding him sweets while I stuffed my face with goodies (LOL). I'm definitely not mothering like I had envisioned, but I think thats what it was... a vision... now I am truly the mother i was MEANT to be!!! YAY!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home