Tuesday, July 04, 2006

so today marks my first fourth of july as a military wife. i went to see the fireworks at wilson park and i felt a sense of pride as an american i have never felt before. i felt proud of paul. it made me think of him as brave and courageous. i thought about how i can endure any sacrifice to be with my military husband. i felt like i can be strong... not only for him but for our country. so during the fireworks i felt tears come but i didn't cry. that is a big step for me. if this was the old me i would be wailing and crying from overwhelming emotion but today, nothing today made me sad. paul's mom and i talked about him while we walked around the park and she told me how proud she is of him. i feel so happy that she feels that way. i am happy for both of them... i am happy i can spend time with my mother in law.

i also made final travel plans with paul's mom. gosh TWO weeks left!! i am so anxious to see him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home