Saturday, May 06, 2006

army acronyms...

BCT basic combat training aka boot camp
AIT advanced individual training

days pass by so quickly... but paul has not been so fortunate... he is stuck at processing due to an injury he recieved, and now he is stuck there for another two weeks until the next BCT session. he calls everyday because he is bored out of his mind! he even called me twice today... of course i love to hear from him but the sad thing is i don't know what to say... i can't send him puzzles, or anything else he can do... that is contraband. all he can do is call me for a few minutes everyday after a meal (today he called me at breakfast and dinner), and thats what he looks forward to. i mean this is soon gonna be over. i know he will go to BCT, probably now go to his AIT 2 weeks after that... but that is another month away from home...

i'm feeling guilty for staying at home... so i was seriously thinking about joining the army but paul shot me down! he wants me to be home when he comes home. understandable. but then he calls me to tell me how bored he is and how i am at home watching tv, surfing the internet... he told me he was sorry he was cross... but i don't know. i know its ok to want to come home, but i was really wondering if he had lost sight regarding WHY he is there. today he sounded more happier... maybe its because he has heard my voice more... he says the only thing good about being stuck at inprocessing is that he can call me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home