Monday, March 20, 2006

as a sign of things to come, this is what my father wrote as a reply to my email i sent him telling him that i am now engaged.

O-me-de-tou
be good wife and husband forever.
get driver's license, loose weight etc.....


now my father tells me to lose weight because high blood pressure runs in my family. unfortunately he doesn't realize that weight isn't the only factor. a skinny person can still have high blood pressure. its how you take care of yourself that matters. all he talks about is weight weight weight tho. i hate it. i'm happy the way i am.

i think that i'm not really excited to have this wedding because of how my parents are. my mother or father didn't say a word about when the wedding is going to be, what we have to do to get ready, or any of the events associated with it. i think paul's family is more enthusiastic and excited than i am. when we announced it at the saturday dinner aunty joy was the first one to step up and say that we will have a wedding shower at her house after they remodel the kitchen. i hadn't even thought about a wedding shower. i mean what do you even get someone at a wedding shower? i'm not sure i look forward to the attention either i might just hide in my shell. heck, i already feel like hiding in a shell... i want someone else to do the planning and everything (although i did manage to pick my colors finally yesterday after some thought).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home